The PETERBOROUGH SENIORS HOCKEY CLUB is based on sportsmanship, fair play, fun, safety and community. Each player must promote these ideals. Players are expected to take responsibility for their actions and show respect for everyone. Offenses are often accidental but retaliation is inexcusable. A sincere apology after fouling someone is important.
• The Stick is to be used only to play puck, NOT to impede a player’s progress.
• No Slapshots: Raising stick off the ice before shooting is a slapshot.
• Avoid Body Contact: Players must do their best to avoid contact at all times.
• Blue Line Offsides: Defenders - puck. Attackers - outside blue line.
• Puck on Goal Mesh: Defenders - puck. Attackers - top of circle
• Puck Off Arena Netting: Defenders - puck. Attackers - top of circle
• Puck Out of Play: Puck - Non-offending team or Defenders if both involved
• Icing: Ease up! Defenders - puck. Attackers outside blue line.
• Obvious penalty infraction: Non-offending team - puck.
• Goalie Possession: Defenders - puck. Attackers - top of red circle
• Puck hits Goalie’s head : Defenders - puck. Attackers - top of circle
LEAVES of ABSENCE